Monday, May 03, 2010

I Have To Push The Pram A Lot

All I want in life right now is steak and a baked potato.

Well, maybe not ALL I want in life. Sorry I keep mincing words. I suppose I could just go back and delete the shit that's inaccurate or doesn't make sense. I am using a computer, not a chisel

Here are some gems from the thugs and shawties I taught today:

(to girl wearing Wonder Woman t shirt) "Man, you makin' Wonder Woman look bigger than she is."

(to person passing around box of Runts) "You bout to hand a entire box of candy to some black people? You ain't never gonna get it back."

"It smell like M'dea up in here!"

Oh lord.

Also have picked up some Albion-isms in the past few months. I definitely switch registers when talking to my kids. "Fittin' ta (short for "fixin' to", also can be further shortened to fittna)," "Girrrrl," "Trippin'" and "triflin'" are all regular parts of my lexicon.

No wonder my vocab is for crap.

Additionally, remember when MTV actually played music? Example:




Like I said, I've been on a grunge kick. Mostly just a PJ kick that's lasted 10 years.

Welp, it's finna rain and I need to close the windows.

Ladies is pimps too, go'n brush your shoulders off,

MLMLMLA

No comments: